Programs & Events
- June Outdoor Wellness Walk (June 8 from 3:00 to 4:00 p.m.)
- Science of Flow: Science Saturday for 7 to 11 Year Olds (June 8 from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m.)
- NRWA and Work of 1000 Partner for Free Documentary Film Screenings (June and July-- see list of date/locations)
- MA Open Space Conference (June 8 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.)
- Planning for the Future of Your Land- Two Part Series (June 6 and 13 from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.)
- Wonders of Nature: The Science Behind Our Curious Questions for Ages 9-12 (July 30 – August 2)
- Wild World of Water Week for Ages 6-8 (July 22 – July 25, 2013)
- Wilderness Summer Survival Week for Ages 11- 14 (July 15 – July 18)
Help NRWA Celebrate Marion Stoddart's 85th Birthday!
Marion Stoddart, one of NRWA's founders, will celebrate her 85th birthday this May! To honor her, the NRWA invites you to contribute to the Marion Stoddart Greenway Fund. And, in addition to donating to that Fund, we invite you to send her your birthday greetings which we will collect in a book to be presented to her. Contribute Now or Learn More.
What's Outside Your Window?
In our May e-news, we asked "What's outside your window?" Chriztine Foltz of Lunenburg answered with this photograph of a hypopigmented, or piebald, American Robin. Chriztine reports this Robin was seen on the ground eating with its mates. Although not considered rare, the coloring is unusual. The Robin is not albino as it retains its rusty breast feathers and dark eyes. Thank you for sharing Chriztine!
We invite you to share your watershed nature photos to be displayed in our Featured Photo Gallery. View Gallery.