- Who We Are
- Our Watershed
- Planned Giving
- Auction/Benefit Events
What We Do
- Current Projects
Protect Water and Land
- Drinking Water
- River Water Quality
- RX & Water Quality
- Water Quantity
- Wild & Scenic Rivers
- Riverside Greenway Protection/Overview
- Forests and Other Land Protection
- Land Stewardship
- Invasive Species
- Protect Communities
- For Schools and Groups
- For Individuals and Families
- For Professionals
- Education Resources
- Programs & Events
Get Involved! Help protect our watershed by volunteering!
The NRWA began as a grassroots effort by a group of committed volunteers. Their conviction that individuals working in partnership with others can forge positive environmental change shaped the Association. Today, volunteers continue to be essential to the work of the NRWA.
We have a wide variety of volunteer opportunities available, from pulling water chestnuts by canoe on a Saturday morning, to helping a few hours a week in the office, to participating in our water monitoring program for a season. Here are a few of the activities volunteers assist us with:
Water Monitoring and Water Quality Lab Testing
Purple Loosestrife Control
Water Chestnut Removal
Event Planning and Logistics
Education and Outreach
Building and Grounds Maintenance
Internships and Special Projects
The NRWA also works with interns and students or scouts on special projects. If you are interested in an internship, or if you have a senior project, Eagle Scout project, or a community service project to complete, please consider the NRWA. At this time NRWA is not able to offer paid internships.
If you are interested in becoming an NRWA Volunteer, please provide us with the following information:
- Name, address, email, telephone number(s)
- Are you able to volunteer at the River Resource Center located at 592 Main Street in Groton?
- Are you willing to travel to other locations using your own transportation?
- List Interests- Water Monitoring, Youth Education, Office Assistance, Event Planning, Other
- Estimated Start and End Dates, Days and Hours Available (The River Resource Center is open M-F 8:30-4:30. We are closed Fridays in the summer. Water Monitoring is on the 3rd Saturday of the month from April-October)
- List Relevant Experience/Skills